ThatArcanist's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by ThatArcanist, Sep 7, 2017.

1. ThatArcanist

ThatArcanist New Member

Personal Info
    IGN: ThatArcanist

Prior Experience
    I've been Staff on a Series of MC servers, mainly a Modded Community that shut down awhile ago due to the server owners just losing the vibe. I've develop plugins for two of which i can send you in a private message if you wish to see proof. I know how to work plugins (For Example, WorldEdit, CoreInspect, Essentials, etc.) as well as some of the weird ones you find here and there.

Motivation
    I want to be a Staff member on Evisea because I've been around before the 2.0 update and i want to be apart of the Server's history in Growth. I wish to help by just moderating when online as well as assisting with plugin work in hopes to learn more then i already do

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mike

Mike Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hi Arcanist :)
    I like your application, but I want to ask a few more questions.
    What language do you prefer to code in? What kind of plugins do you create? Are you able to fix and squash pesky bugs with plugins?
    How much time do you usually spend on Evisea?

3. ThatArcanist

ThatArcanist New Member

Hello!

I code my plugins in Java. I create plugins that just come to mind, i like to be creative and try to do something different whenever i can.

Squashing bugs are a task i can do. If its something i myself have coded i normally use a Test environment checking each line thats apart of the bug until something goes wrong - If its a plugin i myself did not create, i am normally able to pinpoint the area of error and open up the plugin to solve whatever issue there is.

My time on Evisea, Usually i'm on when i'm on my PC, I would say 2-4 hours a Day but there is a catch: My Parents are divorced, which requires me to be away for a week occasionally. However after this school year i will be living on my own allowing me to be on more consistently. I am able to get on at any time (especially if my presence is required for a staff sit) as both parents do own a computer but the performance on one computer is very poor - But manageable. IT also would not affect my capabilities to Develop and fix plugins.

• Like Like x 1